- Premium! This seed has scored higher than 40 out of 70 in the overall score.
- Rolling! Higher than 8 out of 10 in hills and mountains.
- Spelunked! Higher than 8 out of 10 in caves.
- Anseled! Higher than 8 out of 10 in awesome features.
- ++ Suicidal Expert ++
Spawn and Version
Version: XBL 1.1.1 (equiv Beta 1.7.3)
One of Calvin's many alter-egos, Spaceman Spiff is an intrepid space explorer -- the first man they call when a new planet is discovered and needs investigating. Spaceman Spiff makes many appearances in the comic Calvin and Hobbes.
The biggest problem with this seed is that just when you think you found an amazing mountain, you realize it's not a mountain at all but just an empty shell around a huge cave complex. This happens over and over again. It's quite annoying. There are a lot of good hidi-holes near deep caves where you can set up shop and then go exploring. Most of the time, this helps, but there are cave complexes so complicated that in order to get "unlost" you're going to have to go crying to the customer service desk and have them page your mother so she can come pick you up. This level is only for the best of the best. You've been forewarned.
- [66.70.-326] deep dead drop cave, Y=12
- [61.27.-320] x4 gold
- [36.17.-301] x2 lapis lazuli
- [64.30.-306] large cavern
- [65.12.-300] x4 red stone, obsidian generator
- [54.14.-283] x4 gold and mega coal
- [287.14.352] obsidian generator, red stone
- [287.12.384] x5 diamonds
- [296.58.341] deep pitfall cave, Y=12
Items of Interest
- [-56.70.239] small cave complex
- [-2.68.241] small overhang, large mountain, and small waterfall
- [6.57.281] deep dead drop cave, Y=28, with many waterfalls
- [1.71.302] epic overhang henceforth known as "The Sharkbit Surfboard"
- [22.80.326] hollow mountain
- [-121.68.313] medium cave, Y=40
- [-250.63.330] dungeon, x2 chests, music disk, iron, x8 gunpowder, saddle
- [-344.68.208] small erosion
- [-290.72.-211] huge flatland
- [-288.80.-338] lava pit
- [-242.73.-327] small sinkhole
- [-107.71.-330] small waterfall
- [49.66.-333] medium pitfall cave
- [81.78.-358] medium hidi-hole
- [130.67.-326] lava pit
- [161.65.-384] amazing overhang, medium ravine
- [136.65.-303] two floating water anomalies, large cave complex
- [124.91.-259] epic hidi-hole
- [164.83.-255] dead drop cave, medium floaters, pumpkins
- [144.93.-231] large overhang
- [191.92.-273] suspicious hole
- [227.69.-305] small cave complex
- [256.65.-316] sugar
- [367.67.10] false dungeon
- [376.65.175] sugar
- [359.77.340] moon shaped crater lake, small cliff dive
- [188.65.262] medium cave complex
- [61.75.299] small floater and medium overhang
- [14.67.249] hidden lava pit
- [134.65.-48] tiny lava pools
- [101.72.-72] two small waterfalls, small overhang
- [-15.89.-46] small thin butte, small floater
- [-64.71.-72] huge flatland
- [-224.87.-84] tabletop mesa
This top image is the epic overhang known henceforth as the "Sharkbit Surfboard". It's a monster and hangs off the end of a skinny spire just taunting the laws of physics. Directly underneath of that is a nice little hillside with a single tree. I just through it was nice to find some calmness amongst the insanity of this level.
Moving on to the images at right, this is another craggy, twisted overhang that kind of looks like a raptor claw. It creates a lot of shade, so beware of zombies. In the middle shot, these pumpkins have an excellent view of this thin overhang and the valley below.
Finally, I tried waiting for it to stop snowing, but that didn't work out so I just snapped the shot. This was a really cool table-top overhang situated atop a single thin spire. Could be a great place to set up a base camp.