Saturday, August 4, 2012

Seed: mistisland

Special Achievements

  • Abyssal! Higher than 8 out of 10 in deep water.

Rating

  • Beginner
  • ++ Intermediate ++
  • Advanced
  • Expert
  • Suicidal Expert

Spawn Coordinates

-345.67.-108

Seed Score
MH 4.8
DW 8.1
C 1.0
W 3.8
SP 0.6
VR 1.9
AF 4.3
    24.5

My Review

This seed isn't going to win any Top 10 awards anytime soon, but I will tell you this -- the water in this level is epic. It's both vast and deep. I was at Y=57 for whole minutes at a time... except when I was breathing, of course. To say this is an archipelago is a laugh. There is a tiny island in the center of the level and then there are four big islands in each of the corners. Swimming is not an option. As for the islands themselves: unremarkable. You get the occasional hill, but that's about it. Worth playing to swim so far you start thinking drowning is the only way out, but not fun for anyone who isn't looking for a challenge.

Items of Interest

  • [-385.65.-121] sugar
  • [-42.66.30] zombie sounds
  • [136.82.23] spire

Images

At top, this was an interesting crooked spire that jutted out of a hillside on the island where I spawned. Actually, I spawned in the water (surprise), so this was on the island near me. At right, I was greeted with this view as I approached the island catty-corner to the one I started on.

No comments:

Post a Comment